AVIDA is a retail experience company. We’re on a mission to create better shopping experiences for all.
Today’s bricks-and-mortar retailers face many challenges. Stiff competition, high customer expectations, technological disruption, and legacy real estate and IT infrastructure, are but a few. We provide strategic and creative approaches to experiential planning and design – all fully supported by a flexible and scalable technological platform. From ideation to execution, deployment and ongoing service and maintenance, we’ve got you covered.
We enable retailers to deliver exceptional in-store experiences for their customers that align with brand and business needs.
AVIDA – Enablers of elevated in-store experiences.
You are a talented creative thinker with the skills to translate concepts into effective visual designs for motion graphics and interactive solutions. You are a fresh creative thinker with the passion for both the digital and physical space. You live for motion and interactive design, have a contagious work ethic with a strong attention to detail, strive to produce the work at the highest quality standards, and absorb design knowledge and trends.
- You will be working with an Art Director and a team of designers in a collaborative and skilled environment;
- Design & animate motion graphics for promos, brand spots, and various requests are required
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions, concept development, style frames & animations;
- Take part in the concept and development of interactive solutions for in-store retailers (touch screen kiosks, mobile and tablet apps);
- Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic designs and illustrations;
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards, design and layouts and graphic elements, prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval;
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides;
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives;
- Determine the medium and tools best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication;
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs.
Background and Job Requirements
- College diploma in graphic design or related field
- Online portfolio and/or video reel is REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of experience in motion graphic or animation field,
- Ability to Supervise 1-2 people,
- Strong motion design skills including AfterEffects and other motion/editing design tools is REQUIRED
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A strong understanding of user interface design, user experience, and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating designs/layouts.
- A love for film, animation and cinematography
- Experience in 3D software is a bonus!
- Brainstorming skills
- Problem-solving skills
Work conditions and additional details:
*Permanent, full time, regular position
37.5 hours per week, medical benefits, yearly bonus and education allowance, paid personal and volunteer days (6 each).
Job Type: Full-time
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
AVIDA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
As an equal opportunity employer, we would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please put job title in the subject line and indicate how you found out about the job posting in the body of your email:
◀︎ Back to Careers Page
We are Looking for:
Posted: Nov,22,2018Director of Technology Operations and Support Services
Posted: Nov,5,2018Graphic Design And Illustration Animator
Posted: Oct,11,2018NetSuite Implementation Consultant & Administrator (FILLED)
Posted: Oct,3,2018Logistics and Installation Coordinator (FILLED)
Posted: Oct,3,2018Bilingual Technical Support Analyst
Posted: Sep,17,2018Program/Account Manager (FILLED)
Posted: Aug,20,2018Inside Sales Representative - Bilingual (Eng/Fre)
Posted: Aug,14,2018Program Administrative Coordinator (Entry-Level)