Reports To: CEOAbout Avida:
AVIDA is a retail experience company. We’re on a mission to create better shopping experiences for all.
Today’s bricks-and-mortar retailers face many challenges. Stiff competition, high customer expectations, technological disruption, and legacy real estate and IT infrastructure, are but a few. We provide strategic and creative approaches to experiential planning and design – all fully supported by a flexible and scalable technological platform. From ideation to execution, deployment and ongoing service and maintenance, we’ve got you covered.
We enable retailers to deliver exceptional in-store experiences for their customers that align with brand and business needs.
AVIDA – Enablers of elevated in-store experiences.
Purpose Of Position:
The Director of Services and Support reports to the CEO and is accountable for the executive team at AVIDA. The Services and Support team is responsible for ensuring that the technology solutions that AVIDA recommends, deploys, and manages for our retail clients are operating at optimal levels for maximum up-time in the retail environment.
Services and Support team works closely with the Programs, Creative Services, and Strategy & Innovation teams to develop, deploy and manage innovative in-store experiences.
The Director of Services and Support is expected to provide mentorship and guidance to his or her director reports to ensure operational excellence and collaboration with cross functional teams. As a member of AVIDA’s leadership team, this individual is the voice for the functional area and a strategic business partner in assisting AVIDA to achieve its strategic goals.
- Works closely with the CEO and other leaders as part of the AVIDA’s leadership team
- Interacts regularly across all functions of the company to ensure proper alignment of priorities and execution of action plans to achieve company strategic plan
- Establish, monitor and be responsible for goals and objectives for Retail and Support Services in relation to AVIDA’s strategic plan
- Lead the retail support services practice
- Manages subordinate manager and employees for a total of 5 technical support employees; responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of subordinates’ performance
- Directs and coordinates activities of department for which responsibility is delegated to ensure achievement of targets, goals and objectives
- Manage relationship with our field services and installation partners
- Manage relationships with our key technology vendors such as hardware manufacturers, CMS providers, RSS providers, distributors, and fabricators
- Manage our inventory requirements
- Research, develop, test and commercialize products lead by the Head of Strategy & Innovation
- Establish operational procedures and best practices to achieve operational efficiencies within the context of AVIDA’s unique business model
- Take responsibility for the success and continued growth of the Services and Support team.
- Develop technology solutions in collaboration with the Strategy & Innovation and Design team to enable clients to achieve their business objectives
- Monitor project progress by tracking and analyzing actives, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending proactive actions which address root causes of issues
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and operational partners to deliver efficient and effective service to AVIDA clients
- Research, recommend, implement and troubleshoot technology
- Collaborate with internal teams to create technical solutions
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including setting technical requirements and leading implementation plan with business partners and colleagues
- Research potential hardware/software (testing media players, examining and documenting new/existing digital signage software(s), software services
- Ensure cost efficiencies when purchasing, implementing and scaling hardware/software, planning and implementing process as well as executing rollout plans
- Identify ticketing trends per client to proactively plan potential technical solutions
- Troubleshooting existing hardware/software
- Model AVIDA’s core values during all interactions with colleagues, clients and suppliers
Background And Skill:
- University degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in personnel Management
- Ability to motivate, inspire, lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate Project Management skills in a waterfall and agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
AVIDA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
As an equal opportunity employer, we would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please put job title is subject line:
◀︎ Back to Careers Page
We are Looking for:
Posted: Jan,22,2017Bilingual Technical Support Analyst
Posted: Jan,22,2017Director Of Services And Support