AVIDA is a retail experience company. We’re on a mission to create better shopping experiences for all.
Today’s bricks-and-mortar retailers face many challenges. Stiff competition, high customer expectations, technological disruption, and legacy real estate and IT infrastructure, are but a few. We provide strategic and creative approaches to experiential planning and design – all fully supported by a flexible and scalable technological platform. From ideation to execution, deployment and ongoing service and maintenance, we’ve got you covered.
We enable retailers to deliver exceptional in-store experiences for their customers that align with brand and business needs.
AVIDA – Enablers of elevated in-store experiences.
The Services and Support team is responsible for ensuring that the technology solutions that AVIDA recommends, deploys, and manages for our retail clients are operating at optimal levels for maximum up-time in the retail environment. The Services and Support team works closely with the Programs, Creative Services, and Strategy & Innovation teams to develop, deploy, and manage innovative in-store experiences.
The Director of Services and Support is expected to provide oversight, mentorship and guidance to his or her director reports to ensure operational excellence and collaboration with cross functional teams. As a member of AVIDA’s Leadership Team, this individual is the voice for the functional area and a strategic business partner in assisting AVIDA to achieve its strategic goals.
The Director of Services and Support reports to AVIDA’s CEO and is accountable to the leadership team at AVIDA.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with AVIDA’s CEO and other Leaders as part of AVIDA’s Leadership Team to collaborate, prioritize, and execute on action plans to achieve company strategic goals
- Interact regularly across all functions of the company to ensure proper alignment of priorities for each client program
- Lead the retail support services practice through coordination of activities for which responsibility is delegated to ensure achievement of targets and objectives
- Manage team of technical support employees with responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team’s performance and success and continued growth of the Services and Support team
- Manage relationship with field services and installation partners; key technology vendors such as hardware manufacturers, CMS providers, RSS providers, distributors, and fabricators
- Manage inventory requirements and have complete oversight of inventory management processes and systems
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including setting technical requirements and leading implementation plan with business partners and colleagues
- Monitor project progress by tracking and analyzing actives, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending proactive actions which address root causes of issues
- Research potential hardware/software (testing media players, examining and documenting new/existing digital signage software(s), software services
- Research, recommend, implement and troubleshoot technology, and identify ticketing trends per client to proactively plan potential technical solutions
- Research, develop, test, and commercialize products and technology solutions in collaboration with Strategy & Innovation, Programs, and Design, lead by the Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer to achieve their business objectives
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Model AVIDA’s core values during all interactions with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Ensure cost efficiencies when purchasing, implementing and scaling hardware/software, planning and implementing process as well as executing rollout plans
- Collaboration with internal teams to create technical solutions, and instill a sense of accountability and ownership in the Services and Support team
- Establish operational procedures and best practices to achieve operational efficiencies within the context of AVIDA’s unique business model
- University degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in personnel management
- Ability to motivate, inspire, lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate Project Management skills in a waterfall and agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- Strategy and innovation-focused company facing rapid growth
- Inclusive and engaging team atmosphere, with supportive and collaborative mentality
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for advancement
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
AVIDA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
As an equal opportunity employer, we would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please put job title is subject line:
◀︎ Back to Careers Page
We are Looking for:
Posted: Oct,11,2018NetSuite Implementation Consultant & Administrator
Posted: Oct,3,2018Logistics and Installation Coordinator
Posted: Oct,3,2018Bilingual Technical Support Analyst
Posted: Sep,17,2018Program/Account Manager
Posted: Aug,21,2018Director Of Services And Support
Posted: Aug,20,2018Bilingual Inside Sales Rep
Posted: Aug,14,2018Program Administrative Coordinator (Entry-Level)